Continuing the Building's Legacy
The original building, the Midwest Steel and Ironworks, dates back to the turn of the century (1903). At that time the building was a Denver landmark, serving as the headquarters for the drafting and operations of Midwest Steel. The building's most significant addition was designed by Denver architect, Roland L. Linder. Many well-known Colorado landmarks had their plans drafted in this building.
Some of those include: the Royal Gorge Bridge, all four of the Big Thompson Bridges, Moffat Tunnel, East Denver High School, and Denver’s City and County Building.